- May reduce low iron related lethargy, low iron related fatigue, low iron related irritability and tiredness.
- May lessen a sense of a physical weakness due to low iron levels, susceptibility to infection, and shortness of breath.
- An iron level boost may result in better mental concentration, and increase your ability to physically exercise and get fit.
Optimal Iron Levels for Optimal Living
Iron is essential for the transport of oxygen to the body’s tissues.
Iron deficiency is the single most common human nutritional deficiency in both economically developed and developing parts of the world. In other words, it can be said to be common in varying degrees among people just about everywhere, including Australia.
While there are numerous causes for iron deficiency, it can be caused by:
- Blood loss, therefore a loss of iron in your bloodstream.
- Poor absorption of iron in foods through the gut.
- Inadequate iron content in your diet.
Are Iron Tablets Making You Feel Constipated?
This is one of several potential benefits of Intravenous IV Iron Infusion Treatments over taking iron tablets.
Scientific studies and further information in relation to reduced constipation from performing intravenous IV Iron Infusion Treatment instead of taking iron pills, and its associated additional health complications (which can get very uncomfortable) can be read by tapping the following links:
- From the Pharmaceutical Society of Australia (downloadable PDF)
- Journal article webpage from PubMed Central® (PMC) at the U.S. National Institutes of Health’s National Library of Medicine (NIH/NLM) titled “Resolution of constipation, anal stricture, and iron deficiency anemia after iron infusion: an analogy with Plummer Vinson syndrome”
Yes. It can indeed get nasty.
Intravenous IV Iron Infusion Drip Therapy can be an excellent option for those suffering from low iron, or iron deficiency.
Who is More Likely to be Iron Deficient?
- Women – blood loss due to monthly periods, pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- People over age 65 often due to poor diet.
- Vegetarians and Vegans.
- People who have trouble absorbing iron.
- Some examples:
- People on medications that can interfere with iron absorption, causing low iron in the bloodstream.
- People with low iron due to coeliac disease.
- Some examples:
Iron deficiency is diagnosed by blood tests. Beyond measuring how much iron you have in your body, various blood tests can also assist in identifying some of the causes of iron deficiency. We can perform related blood tests and other pathology testing for you on-site.
Low Iron of Particular Concern for Women
An article in Australian Family Physician states iron deficiency is one of the most common and underdiagnosed nutritional deficiency conditions in Australia. The article notes statistics relating to women, and discusses the safety and effectiveness of intravenous iron infusion therapy in a general practice setting. Australian Family Physician is published by The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, and you can access this particular article by tapping the following link: Intravenous iron replacement — Management in general practice
You can read more about Iron Health in our detailed blog article Health Benefits of Iron + Do I Have Low Iron? + IV Iron Infusion TherapyBook Now